Contacts aka People loose some of the entries

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 90
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.24
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): XA2
UI LANGUAGE: English (UK)
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Don’t know

DESCRIPTION:

While phone is on battery saving mode, randomly some of the entries in Contacts are lost

PRECONDITIONS:

Contacts are sync’ed from Google account

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Check if all the contacts are shown (briefly)
  2. Enable battery saving mode
  3. After some hours open People application and some of the contacts are lost. If the entry is lost for a Favorite contact, when open the contact from Favorites, it will display eventually the picture and name. No other details. It is also visible that some entries are missing because in the right side where the index is shown, the letters will disappear if entries starting with that letter are lost. To restore the contacts, it is required to re-sync the Google account and the entries will be brought back. Also, if battery saving mode is disabled and phone will synchronize the account on timely basis, the contacts are restored too. Contacts synchronization is set to “Two-way” and initially I used import wizard from People application.

EXPECTED RESULT:

The contacts should be kept if battery saving mode is enabled or if, for more time, the phone is not able to connect to internet (e.g. being in roaming).

ACTUAL RESULT:

After some time the contacts entries are disappearing from People application

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

N/A

1 Like

Here’s a related topic Forgetting contacts
I also have similar problems with Google two-way sync. But mine aren’t related to power savings

2 Likes

Indeed, some.of the symptoms are the same. I didn’t notice a relation to power saving, however it may be.
also, I don’t use any remote accounts which sync contacts, no google, whatsapp, etc.

1 Like

Here is an workaround:

1. Export contacts as vcf file from Google
  2. Copy the vcf file to phone
  3. Import the vcf file
    P.S. I haven’t check if another vcf file having the imported contacts and new ones will double the contacts or will insert only the new ones (incremental or delta import)