Community meeting on IRC 27th October 2022

Schedule: Thursday 2022-10-27T07:00:00Z   :world_map:   :date:

Topic proposals for the meeting:

• Add your name/nick using the template below to suggest a topic.
  • Indicate how much time you’ll need so we can time-box the meeting accordingly.
  • Please be as thorough as you can with your question/topic.
  • If you can’t make the meeting please ask and name a substitute.

It is expected that you show up and present your topic, or name a substitute and make sure they attend in your absence. These IRC meetings are for real time participation and live discussions, otherwise you can post the topic on here and get responses that way.

We need you to be present to clarify details in the topic, and to ensure the discussion is leading to the answers you are looking for! If you do not participate or your question/topic isn’t clear enough it will be postponed. Also: always ask for more time than you anticipate your topic needs!

Please have your topics ready at least 3 days before the meeting so we can prepare good answers. Topics announced afterwards will be postponed to the next meeting.

Template for topic proposal: (post your topic proposals as comments to this forum topic).

* Name/IRC nick:
* Topic:
* Some details about the topic:
* Approx. time needed:
* Substitute (optional):

Open Pull Requests:
If you have, or know of, a pull request that’s been open for at least 3 weeks, but which you think deserves attention, please add a comment using the template below and we’ll consider it during the next meeting.

* Name/IRC nick:
* Open PR URL:

Bugs

Is Fixed

Can be marked closed

1 Like
  • Name/IRC nick: JacekJagosz
  • Topic: What is the progress on camera fixes on newer devices?
  • Some details about the topic: Currently there are 2 issues with cameras on SFOS. 1st is [4.4.0.64, Xperia 10 iii] Camera App crashes when trying to record a video which affected not just X10 III, but also Volla 22/GS5. It got fixed by extending firejail whitelist and limiting maximum resolution. Could the solution be the same on the 10 III, and not a problem with Sony’s adaptation? Another issue is that 2 cameras on 10 III are inaccessible, because of no Camera2API support on SFOS. I know you wanted someone from community to work on it, but so far no one has stepped up. Has there been any progress on any of those? Because from a user’s perspective there is none, and not working camera is not great in a new mobile phone.
  • Approx. time needed: 5mins
  • Substitute (optional):
4 Likes

Just a note that the fix for GS290/Volla was a 32 bit in 64 bit land droid media thing which I believe @mal was also aware of. I’m not sure it’s related to the sony bug at all. The GS5 still has this bug, but @piggz had/has a fix in the pipeline.

2 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: thigg
  • Topic: state of harbour for app submitters
  • Some details about the topic:
    • Does jolla track metrics about the duration for approval/feedback in harbour?
    • It seems sometimes approval takes multiple weeks, are there plans to change this?
    • Is there any priority on / are there plans for the dashboard for app submitters in harbour? (e.g. history of app downloads).
    • What would be the preferred way for third party tools to interact with harbour (e.g. do statistics ourselfs). They would need to authenticate. Is there an easy way for scripts to do that?
  • Approx. time needed: 5
  • Substitute (optional): discuss without me if i cant make it.
3 Likes
4 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: attah
  • Topic: Ownership and secret engineering project status
  • Some details about the topic: How are things going? Should we be worried? Updates on ownership were estimated for summer i seem to recall, so i can’t help to think it didn’t go exactly according to plan. On the upside, development activity on the open parts seems to have picked up speed again, so presumably the secret engineering project has concluded. Is there anything you can share about that?
  • Approx. time needed: 10 min
4 Likes

Meeting ended Thu Oct 27 08:31:51 2022 UTC.
Minutes: #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 27th October 2022
Minutes (text): https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2022/sailfishos-meeting.2022-10-27-07.00.txt
Log: #sailfishos-meeting log

Thank you to everyone who asked a question and joined the meeting. It was a very active and informative discussion once again!

4 Likes