Calendar entries - timezone issue

REPRODUCIBILITY: ALWAYS
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.68
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 II
UI LANGUAGE: French
REGRESSION: Yes

DESCRIPTION:

When receiving an Outlook invitation on Exchange from a different timezone, the invitation is properly displayed in my timezone (17:00 - 18:00 CEST) in the monthly calendar view. When switching to the day-view it is displayed in the timezone of the sender (in this case 9:00 - 10:00 CST).

PRECONDITIONS:

Receive an invitation sent from a different timezone.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Receive an invitation from a different timezone
  2. Accept the invitation
  3. Open calendar in the monthly view and see the invitation in your timezone
  4. open the day view of the calendar and see the invitation in the timezone of the sender

EXPECTED RESULT:

The invitation should have been displayed in my timezone (CEST everywhere in the calendar)

ACTUAL RESULT:

The invitation is properly displayed in my timezone (17:00 - 18:00 CEST) in the monthly calendar view, but in the day-view it is displayed in the timezone of the sender (in this case 9:00 - 10:00 CST).

MODIFICATIONS:

N/A

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

N/A

1 Like

Thank you for the report. I’ve noticed this bug last May or June. I’ve a fix for it, but in a branch with some other changes. I’ll see if it’s necessary to get just the fix in before publication of the next version.

@flypig and @pvuorela, for information, this is commit c2d9ef02f2cf4e43db510a2f26a58ca107c6432b in jolla-calendar repo.

4 Likes

Thanks for your report @guillaume.lanternier, and for your fix and the info @dcaliste.

Checking the history, I see the change you refer to @dcaliste has been merged in, and is due to be included in the next release (for future reference, now as commit dcaea9a7a99de9b807c9d88ca8811c7d644716ed). As such I’ve tagged this as “fixed”.

Having said that @guillaume.lanternier, it would be really good if you could please try this again after the next release and return here to confirm whether it’s now fixed for you.

2 Likes