Backup and then Restore onto new Phone

Dear all,

How does the backup/restore process work when I need to transfer everything to a new phone?

I broke the screen of my Xperia 10ii (running sailfishOS 4.3) so I need to back up everything (including Android apps if possible), and then restore everything onto my new Experia 10 iii (running saifishos 4.4 :wink: )

How do I go about this?
Does the backup also include the applications, or do I first need to install them, and then restore the backup?

And for Android applications?
How can I backup/restore the apk of an installed app, so that I get back version 2 of Here We Go, instead of having to install the new version 4?

Best Regards
Erlend

I’m quiet new to Sfos. But from the reported issues occurring after updates and all what I read, If I’d change device AND OS version, I’d flash the new OS and import my data manually (because backup seems not to save everything e.i manually created calendars categories).
It’s a bit a hassle but in my impression, the only way to have a clean system.

That way, if you encounter problems, you will be able to ask for help and report issues.
Other-ways, everything is mixed and causes are much more difficult to determine.
bout Android, I have no idea, as not using it.
A
Just my 2 cents though, old masters may have some easier solutions.