Application Contacts

This app is OK for me. But

1. I would like find an option to convert in vcf card format and reverse. Interesting for avoid use Google contacts or other. Interesting for transfer by USB for or into a PC
  2. I would like search by location of contact town at minima

You can inport vcf files.

Open Settings -> Apps -> People -> import vcf file located in your home folder.

If you want to export your contacts to vcf file you have to make backup.

Settings -> Backup -> Make backup

When you open your backup you can find vcf file with your contacts.

or use the terminal

devel-su -p /usr/bin/vcardconverter -e mycontacts.vcf

for export

2 Likes

Or just use people app itself:

• open app
  • pulley menu: Select contacts
  • pulley menu: Select all
  • push ‘Share’ button on lower right
  • choose e-mail, send to yourself
1 Like

Thanks for your speedy ansver !
in french Paramètres -> Applications (Settings)-> Contacts (People) -> Importer depuis fichier de contacts … is good
But no Backup in Parametres (Settings). I have find Sauvegarde (Backup) but restore all from SD card … is no good, I think.
No change if I connect USB mode file transfer.
I think that options on icone Contacts (People) for import and for export is interesting.

1 Like

Its a good idea but I would like save on vcf format on the SD card (or on my PC not mandatory) if the transfert file USB is ON.
Perhaps a whish to extend Share button of People ?

If you have an Android file manager (OI, X-plore…) then you might share to Android… You will also need coderus’ AlienDalvic Control.

If I do this I get a vcf file, but for each entry also the following error message appears:
unknown:0 - Variant value is a QStringList but the property’s value type is neither CompoundType or ListType
What does this mean?

I think it is a warning - so can be ignored.

I am using since couple of years a modified version (bluez5) of buteo-syncfw and buteo-syncml-plugins with SyncEvolution. You can export the contacts to local directory for example

Does this convert the Sailfish OS sqlite contacts database to vcfs?
I cannot do a backup as there is not enough space on my SD card.
If I try to use vcardconverter I get:
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ su-devel -p /usr/bin/vcardconverter -e mycontacts.vcf
Password:
Enjoy your privileges.
[W] unknown:0 - QString::arg: Argument missing: %s: file cannot be opened: ‘%s’, /usr/bin/vcardconverter
[W] unknown:0 - QString::arg: Argument missing: %s: file cannot be opened: ‘%s’, mycontacts.vcf
%s: file cannot be opened: ‘%s’

Anyway, bluetooth working and selected all contacts, shared to other phone.
Finished. :grin:

Not sure if su-devel is alias for devel-su but maybe you could try the command with devel-su and see if the output changes?

SFOS4:

~]$ su-devel
~]$ /bin/bash: su-devel: not found
~]$

Then there might be your problem… Don’t know why in your previous try you got it to ask for the password though.

Yes, I wasn’t aware devel-su and su-devel have been swapped in SFOS4.