Android compatibility with K9 mails and possible bug in sailfish browser

REPRODUCIBILITY (100% or how often):
BUILD ID: 3.3.0.16
HARDWARE XA2 single sim h2112?
UI LANGUAGE: ?
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes): I could do this in earlier veraions of Sailfish.

DESCRIPTION:

cannot change general or account settings in k9 mail - f-droid version. I think this indicates incompatibilities between android applications and sailfish’s emulator.

PRECONDITIONS:

none

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. install k9 mail
  2. open settings
  3. try and change either global or general - screen does not refresh so it looks as if the focus has changed to the underlying screen (keyboard comes up) but the previous screen is still visible.

expected result see and change the settings! I have had to type this in the wrong place because the sailfish browser won’t let me type further down the page (another bug?).

EXPECTED RESULT:

ACTUAL RESULT:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

(Please ALWAYS attach relevant data such as logs, screenshots, etc…)

As a workaround, you might try downgrading to 5.600. That version is still available via the F-Droid store so you should be able to uninstall and install 5.600. I know it doesn’t solve the issue, but I’ve been using that version on my Xperia XA2 under Sailfish 3.x with no major problems.

I can confirm this bug with k-9 5.600 (f-droid), what’s worse: it seem like you can actually change settings blindly.

Version 5.717 (not installed by default from f-droid) works fine.

Hi guys
thanks for the helpful suggestions, I have downgraded to 5.6 and what a lovely interface!

Many thanks

Alex

Please read the documentation about K9. It’s always a good idea to ask the developer first :wink:

5.6 (!) is the last stable version. Release 5.7 is still beta with bugs(!) and missing functions (IMAP push e.g.). 5.8 will be the next stable version that will be released as soon as possible.

1 Like

I experienced this same bug, and 5.7 solved it.

@nepsis.localhost For sure. The nice thing about IT is that everyone gets a different bug.

1 Like