About the 'new' old position of the operator name

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
BUILD ID: 3.3.0.16
HARDWARE: Xperia X
UI LANGUAGE: German
REGRESSION: ?

DESCRIPTION:

The release notes of Rokua state that the display position of the network operator’s name is changed once more to be at the bottom again. Is there any configuration required? Mine still shows at the top (3.3.0.16). The only change to me seems the Patch that once did this won’t work anymore.

PRECONDITIONS:

None

EXPECTED RESULT:

Operator name is shown at the bottom

ACTUAL RESULT:

Operator name is still on top

Stilk on 3.2.1.20 and operator name (only visible on lockscreen) is at the bottom.
I do not know about which patch I should have to do this? :thinking:

Confirmed here - at the top on 3.3

Here’s the contents of the patch - compare with lockItem.qml, and should reveal the issue…

'diff -Nru jolla/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen/LockItem.qml alina/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen/LockItem.qml--- jolla/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen/LockItem.qml+++ alina/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/lockscreen/LockItem.qml@@ -325,8 +325,7 @@             }              Loader {-                active: Telephony.multiSimSupported-                opacity: lipstickSettings.lowPowerMode ? 0.0 : 1.0+                active: true                 visible: active                 anchors.horizontalCenter: parent.horizontalCenter                 sourceComponent: Row {diff -Nru jolla/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/statusarea/StatusArea.qml alina/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/statusarea/StatusArea.qml--- jolla/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/statusarea/StatusArea.qml+++ alina/usr/share/lipstick-jolla-home-qt5/statusarea/StatusArea.qml@@ -120,13 +120,6 @@                 }             }         }-        Component {-            id: operatorName-            CellularNetworkNameStatusIndicator {-                maxWidth: centralArea.width-                color: statusArea.color-            }-        }          // Right side status indicators         Row {'

Are you sure that you don’t have a patch applied ?

I don’t even have Patchmanager installed - I was just posting to confirm your bug, that the Operator name shows on top, (which I didn’t even know or care about until I saw your post - I just was curious), and I remembered that there was an old patch by @alina that moved the name to the bottom, so I thought that looking at that patch might give some hint as to why the feature is lacking, and maybe show a way to make it happen.
Seems to me that the code has changed quite a bit, though , so not sire if it actually helps…

Anyway, I did test it by simply changing “operatorName” to “cellName” in the patch code, since it seems like that’s what it’s called now, but didn’t work, (patch appky failed).

I have quite a few patches installed :wink: but nothing referring to this in name.
If you know which one should do this?

Or anyone else on 3.2.1.20 can confirm the location of operator name?

https://openrepos.net/content/alina/patch-operator-name-bottom

Definitely not installed.
But operator name is at bottom. No idea why and did not notice any change of that position.
Disabled some patches like
allow all orientation, lockscreen analog clock, topomenu control, device lock faith text
But did not notice any change?

Jolla 1 with same version has operator name top on lockscreen. XA2 3.3.0.16 has operator name bottom on lockscreen.

SailfishX and Xperia X: operator name on top. Alina’s patch not installed.

Same to me since Ruoka. And the calendarapp disappear from open to close every time. I heard from other users , that they have make the update once more. Than the proplem with the operatorname was fixed.

what do you mean by ‘open to close’?
Also, my upgrade went well, so how cwould I repeat an update?

btw: nice nick :smile: :+1:

Open to close means the open calendar close by itself. I had do nothing. And the app is going every time to the last place in my app drawer. Also by itself. I can replace the app on every place in the drawer, but after closing this i can find the app on the end of the app drawer.

To repeat upgrade, execute sfos-upgrade again. Most probably, nothing will be changed actually, unless something went wrong in first attempt.

Ok, I understand, thanks. But that’s bit related to the operator name on the lock screen :wink:

Yeah, though so. I tried sfos-upgrade but to no avail.
Another possibility is that the patch interfered but although I had installed the package for the patch fron alina that changes the position of the operator name I’d be very surprised if that interfered somehow .The patch wasn’t applied