A banking application for Android doesn't even load

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100 %
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 3.4.0.24
HARDWARE (Jolla1, Tablet, XA2,…): Sony Xperia 10 Dual SIM
UI LANGUAGE: German of Sailfish, Bulgarian of application
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): ?

DESCRIPTION:

This banking application shows nothing but a blank screen after installation and activation. It’s also available through the Aurora Store.

PRECONDITIONS:

A connection to the Internet to download the application from a store.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open a store (Google Play or if impossible, Aurora Store);
  2. Download and install the application;
  3. Open it.

EXPECTED RESULT:

The initial screen of the application’s shown.

ACTUAL RESULT:

A blank screen stays indefinitely.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

It doesn’t matter if you’re from another country or use another bank – this has nothing to do with the application just loading.

This app probably relies on GSF. Do you have OpenGApps or MicroG installed?

Neither, should I try and which one do you recommend?

Personally I don’t use any of them. Your choice should depend on your preferences of how much data you’re ready to share with Google.
MicroG offers more privacy, OpenGApps might have better functionality, but I didn’t try and have no direct experience.
Note that there seem to be issues with signature spoofing under SFOS 3.4.

Note also that banking apps often require SafetyNet checks which will fail on SFOS device, because it will be detected as rooted device. So it might still not work if you install any GSF framework.

I use Raiffeisenbank’s banking application without any problems, including push notifications. Downloaded from Aurora store. UI LANGUAGE: English of Sailfish, Bulgarian of application. I use MicroG. There is very good HowToMicroG from DrYak here: https://together.jolla.com/question/209300/how-to-microg-in-sfos-31/?sort=votes&page=1#209744