[4.4.0.58] Xperia 10II - QConnmanEngine

Not sure whether this is a bug or not, but noticed this in terminal output when updating Xperia 10II to 4.4.0.58 using sfos-upgrade. I am not competent enough to know there are any ramifications to be expected as a result of such however:

[Install] ofono 1.28+git3.1-1.12.1.jolla: [22 %][W] unknown:0 - QConnmanEngine: Unable to translate the bearer type of the unknown network technology: “”

[77 %] [Install] ofono-alien-binder-plugin 0.1.5.1-1.3.2.jolla: [100 %][W] unknown:0 - QConnmanEngine: Unable to translate the bearer type of the unknown network technology: “”

[78 %] [Install] sailfish-aml 1.0.2+git1-1.1.1.jolla: [100 %][W] unknown:0 - QConnmanEngine: Unable to translate the bearer type of the unknown network technology: “”

[83 %] [Install] ofono-ril-plugin 1.0.2-1.2.2.jolla: [100 %][W] unknown:0 - QConnmanEngine: Unable to translate the bearer type of the unknown network technology: “”

[83 %] [Install] ofono-ril-binder-plugin 1.2.6-1.4.2.jolla: [100 %][W] unknown:0 - QConnmanEngine: Unable to translate the bearer type of the unknown network technology: “”

On the same device, my log doesn’t contain the term ‘QConnmanEngine’.

I upgraded through the standard method, with the device restarting to apply the updates, so perhaps this is just an indication that this piece of software was running whilst your update was progressing?

1 Like

Thanks for responding, I tend to SSH into device so can observe terminal output upon a larger screen and have not noticed any such responses previously upon a number of devices with Sailfish OS. Perhaps I had neglected to follow the advice that best to run sfos-upgrade upon a newly booted device upon this occasion.