[4.3.0.12][4.2.0.21] Xperia 10 II: Mic doesn’t record sound after recording an outgoing call

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.2.0.21, 4.3.0.12
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): Xperia 10 II
UI LANGUAGE: Spanish
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:

AudioRecorder app (or others apps that record audio) doesn’t record sound and it records a flat line. It always happens after recording a call.

If I reboot my phone, it works again, but it’s very annoying to boot my phone every time I make a call or when I want to record audio.

I’ve read this thread: [4.3][4.2][4.1.0.23] New audio recorder: flat line
But in my case, Documents/Recordings directory is created

PRECONDITIONS:

Testing with AudioRecorder:
Install AudioRecorder, open it and accept permissions.
Reboot phone
Enable call recording

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Open AudioRecorder and check it works fine (it records sound). Close it
  2. Make a call and record it (tap on record call button to start call recording)
  3. Open AudioRecorder again. It stop working because it doesn’t record sound

EXPECTED RESULT:

AudioRecorder records sound

ACTUAL RESULT:

AudioRecorder doesn’t record sound

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

This issue doesn’t happen on Xperia X nor Xperia XA2, neither with incoming calls.

4 Likes

Same device, same OS version, but I have no problem making recordings. I will try it randomly to see if it ceases recording, but so far, it does what it should.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answer!!
I guess a process must crash for some reason (maybe ¿pulseaudio?)

I’ve noticed it because some voice messages I send from fernschreiber don’t sound, but none of apps that record sound works in that moment. So I have to reboot my phone If I want to send voice messages or record audios, it’s very annoying.

1 Like

I’ve noticed this once so far and also solved it by rebooting. It didn’t happen before 4.2. It was pretty annoying, because I’d just recorded a video and afterwards noticed there was no sound on it at all.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing some testings and it always fails after making a call. I.e., after making a call I can’t record sound with any audio recorder.
I’ve edited first post.

2 Likes

It doesn’t work on 4.2.0.21 version. On the other hand, I can confirm that it doesn’t happen on XA2

2 Likes

After some testing I’ve noticed that this issue happens when call recording is enabled.
If I disable call recording, everything works as expected: when I record audio, it always sounds.
However, if I enable call recording (It doesn’t matter if I use harbour-callrecorder or jolla’s app), record audio fails always after I make a call.
As I said, it only happens on Xperia 10 II, it doesn’t happen on XA2 or Xperia X.

2 Likes

Unfortunately this issue continues on SFOS 4.3.0.12. For some reason I can’t edit first post, if some advanced user can do it, please add “[4.3.0.12]” to title.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that this issue is a bug of operating system, so I need to rewrite the first post to explain better this issue. Can any @admin let me edit it? I did some modifications on it some time ago, but I can’t edit it now.
Thanks in advanced!

1 Like

Time is up for editing! :frowning:
No chance here with this forum software, there is a lengthy discussion about it somewhere…
This post will stay as is, even when wrong!

Only chance would be to get upgraded to a ‘regular’ by visiting and posting and … regularly and get permission to change your post into a wiki (which is not what you asked for, I know).
Or: ping some forum admin (you need a real @name) to wikify it for you (again, not what you asked for).

So only real immediate possibility is to just add your info at the end of the thread…

1 Like

Thank you for your advice :slight_smile:
Maybe @vige can help me? Other solution could be to create a new post, but I prefer to edit it

2 Likes

The options are basically what @peterleinchen wrote above. In my opinion it would be best if you just added your new observations at the end of this thread. It is often confusing for readers when the posts are edited - and especially in the case of bug reports, the readers might think that they have already read the post and don’t notice what has changed.

But if you absolutely insist, I can change the post to a wiki, you can make your edits, and then I can change it back to a normal post.

Ok, I will write all modifications on next post.

Please, could anyone edit title and first post with the next changes?

TITLE: [4.3.0.12][4.2.0.21] Xperia 10 II: Mic doesn’t record sound after recording an outgoing call

BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.3.0.12

DESCRIPTION:

Mic doesn’t record sound and it records a flat line. It always happens after recording an outgoing call. This issue doesn’t happen on Xperia X nor Xperia XA2, neither with incoming calls.

If I reboot my phone, it works again.

PRECONDITIONS:

Enable call recording

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Make a call and record it (tap on record call button to start call recording)
  2. When call is finished, try to use mic to record sound: audiorecorder, camera…

EXPECTED RESULT:

Mic records sound

ACTUAL RESULT:

Mic doesn’t record sound

About the title: I could help you. :slight_smile:
About the post: see above…

1 Like

Thanks! About post, maybe @vige can help me :slight_smile:

I took the liberty to only take some of your modifications: The original steps for reproducing told to use AudioRecorder app, while you suggested to use any sound recording app. It’s always better to have only a single choice for reproducing the issue, even if we have noticed that the issue can be reproduced by several. That way we can be sure that the bug is indeed fixed, and it doesn’t just happen to be because the tester happened to choose the only sound recording app in existence which is not affected.

2 Likes

Ok, all is well. Thank you for your help!

I’ve reproduce this bug on my phone, and I get the next log with journalctl:

Maybe someone can understand why does it happen or can help me

2 Likes

Is there any way (for example, a command from Terminal) to restart mic for solving it instead of reboot the phone? Does anyone help me?
It’s very annoying to record a video and notice that there is no sound on it :triumph: