[4.2.0.21][Xperia 10 ii] Application "Phone" freezes, while mobile network shows signal strength OK

REPRODUCIBILITY: Unknown
BUILD ID = OS VERSION: 4.2.0.21
HARDWARE: Xperia 10 ii
UI LANGUAGE: Greek
REGRESSION: No

DESCRIPTION:

Sometimes, the device suddently stops notifying for incomming phone calls. When someone tries to call me, the phone does absolutely nothing, although the device seems to be OK with signal reception (the caller thinks that I do not pick up the phone since it is “beeping” from his side).
When this happens, I get an error pop-up “Network error” when I try to make a call.
Only a restart fixes the issue. Tried to enable-disable flight mode, but didnt fix the problem.

Note that, when the phone is in this condition, it doesnt freeze or lag, an one cannot understand that there is a problem until you try to make a phonecall.

I experienced this twice within 3 days.

PRECONDITIONS:

Not any noticed

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

(?)

1 Like

Happened to me once (afaik). SMS didn’t work at that time either. Reboot solved the issue…

1 Like

Seems to be part of a “wider” RAM management problem, and let me explain why…

Lately, after the recent 4.2 update, I have noticed that my minimized apps (Clock, Amazfish, Fernschriber, Browser, etc) turn to zombies after a short period of time, or after turning ON and using the Android Support (which is mostly OFF on my device).
By zombies, I mean that, although their widget is there, and seems that the app is running, in reality, the app is killed, and when I press on the widget, the device re-executes the program from scratch [e.g. the Clock app shows wrong time (propably the time when the “insident” happened)].

MAYBE (just a guess) the Phone app is affected by this behaviour?