[4.2.0.21] [XA2] GNSS API broken with 4.2.0.21

REPRODUCIBILITY (% or how often): 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION (Settings > About product): 4.2.0.21
HARDWARE (XA2, X10, X10 II, …): Xperia XA2 Plus
UI LANGUAGE:
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes

DESCRIPTION:
GNSS position data are not available to apps after upgrade to 4.2.0.21, UNLESS the GPS test in csd is running.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Upgrade to 4.2.0.21.
  2. Launch any app that uses GNSS position data, e. g. GPSInfo. Number of satellites will appear as 0/0.
  3. Launch csd from the shell, start the individual GPS test and go back to the app. Position data will appear.
  4. Quit csd and go back to the app. Position data will stop arriving. Data in GPSInfo will stop updating. Stop and restart GPSInfo and you will be back to 0/0 satellites.

Did this work for you on 4.2.0.19? Namely, nothing related was changed from .19 to .21.

Yes, it worked. Rebooting does not solve anything. I left the phone outside overnight to check whether it was an almanac issue, this morning it still showed 0/0. Rebooted, 0/0. Launched csd GPS test, satellites started appearing and so did position on GPSInfo and Waze. Quit csd and position went away. Restarted csd and position came back. Restopped csd and position went again.

Hello
No change for me in upgrading from 0.19 to 0.21 on my XA2 plus dual sim. Gpsinfo works as usual.

Sorry, it’s just a case of stupidity. It was due to the positioning becoming disabled, I don’t know whether as a consequence of the update or accidentally by myself. I have to note though that the “Activate/deactivate GPS” in GPSInfo is not working any more: it says it has operated, but the GPS activation state does not change. This had fooled me.

1 Like