[4.1.0.24] Probems with apps Email and Browser from Jolla after upgrade

REPRODUCIBILITY → every time since upgrade
BUILD ID = 4.1.0.24 (Kvarken)
HARDWARE: Xperia 10/X
UI LANGUAGE: german
REGRESSION: yes

I have three Problem since Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1.0.24. Maybe the source is the same, maybe not.

First problem: The official Browser app doesn’t open a side. Neither connected to wlan or mobile. Its not a internet connection problem, it is just doing nothing.

If I use IcecatMobile, I can surf the web just normal.

Second Problem: The mail app doesn’t open and also are not fetching mails. If I click on the icon, it tries to start and the after a few seconds it just closes again.
I also can’t access the mail account settings.

I did a uninstall and install of the mail app via jolla Store but that doesn’t help.

Third Problem: The Jolla Store app telling me that one update for the Documents app is there. I choose update and after a while it throws a error that update fails. But no helpful error message.

Is there a logfile to have a look? Can access the phone via ssh and read them

All of the things were working before.

Really Important for me is just Email cause I didn’t have a good alternative to it now.

If I run the email app from command line I’ve get a library error - but I don’t know if this is the reason or if its just normal because of wrong environment variables in the shell.

[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ jolla-email 
[D] unknown:0 - Using Wayland-EGL
greHome from GRE_HOME:/usr/bin
libxul.so is not found, in /usr/bin/libxul.so
[W] unknown:11 - file:///usr/share/jolla-email//email.qml:11:1: plugin cannot be loaded for module "Nemo.Email": Cannot load library /usr/lib/qt5/qml/Nemo/Email/libnemoemail.so: (/usr/lib/libnemoemail-qt5.so.0: undefined symbol: _ZN20QMailMessageMetaData20CalendarCancellationE, version Qt_5) 
     import Nemo.Email 0.1 
     ^
[W] unknown:0 - Unable to read main qml file
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ ls -l /usr/lib/qt5/qml/Nemo/Email/libnemoemail.so
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         51372 Apr  9 18:14 /usr/lib/qt5/qml/Nemo/Email    /libnemoemail.so 
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$ md5sum /usr/lib/qt5/qml/Nemo/Email/libnemoemail.so
4a2fdcc8d55d5011543b4fa24e11e745  /usr/lib/qt5/qml/Nemo/Email/libnemoemail.so
[nemo@Sailfish ~]$

Oh, that sounds ‘familiar’:

1 Like

4.1.0.24 on Xperia 10 Dual SIM:

The mail app starts and I can read the mails, but not all. Some of them are not downloaded and displayed. Especially mails I have read earlier with computer.

After writing and sending a mail, it seems to be sent but then it does not appear in the sent mails folder. (Mailbox is IMAP) Checked later with computer → mail not present in the sent mails folder. Wrote and sent the mail again with computer and asked receiver if she did get my previous mail, I will report here what she tells to me, if she got it or not.

edit: the addressed person told me that she did not get the mail.

Like written here I’ve got it working again.