[4.2.0, 4.1.0, 4.0.1] Horizontal line over one-line SMS message bubbles

REPRODUCIBILITY: 100%
BUILD ID = OS VERSION: 4.0.1.48
HARDWARE: Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra
UI LANGUAGE: Finnish
REGRESSION: (compared to previous public release: Yes, No, ?): Yes, 3.2.1 (was it ever fixed?)

DESCRIPTION:

There is a “strikethrough” line over the whole SMS text bubble, it should not be there.

PRECONDITIONS:

• Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra
  • Font size: Normal

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. Send or receice one short SMS (oneliner) message
  2. Set font size between Normal and Large

EXPECTED RESULT:

No strikethrough over the bubble.

ACTUAL RESULT:

Strikethrough in Normal, not in Large or Very Large

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

1 Like

Still the same on 4.1.0.23 EA

Still the same on 4.1.0.24. This doesn’t appear in Xperia 10 II - it really seems to be XA2 Ultra specific issue…

I also have this issue on my XA2 Ultra with 4.1.0.24
I think this issue has been observed in an earlier version (I think 3.3) for all devices and had been fixed.

Still the same on SFOS 4.2 EA.

The line is still there with 4.4.0

I have this on my XA2 Ultra, too. But until I found this thread right now, I thought it’s a feature, not a bug :grinning:

And the same fix still applies; change /usr/share/jolla-messages/pages/conversation/SMSMessageDelegate.qml line 126 146 to radius: Math.min(height / 2, Theme.paddingLarge) and it’s gone!

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this @direc85 (or at least, transferring it from TJC) and for so diligently checking it on subsequent releases.

I’ve created an internal bug report about it and tagged it as “tracked”. We’ll post any future updates about it here, and I’ll also give your proposed fix a go.

2 Likes

Thanks for picking up this ancient paper cut! It requires a certain device, a certain font size and a short enough text message - quite a specific requirements!

My fix removes the line, but it causes a very slight difference in the visuals (I couldn’t tell the difference though). If the maximum radius could be calculated page-wide, it would be a bit more efficient, too. I think it is calculatable, now that I think about it.

1 Like

Thanks for your additional suggestions @direc85 and sorry it took so long to reply, but this should now be fixed in the next major release. If you could please check again after the release and let us now if it’s resolved for you, I’d be grateful.

In the interim I’ll tag this as fixed.

4 Likes

Just dropping in a note - this is indeed fixed!

1 Like