What is the status of MicroG?

I just setup SailfishOS, I installed MicroG Core and Framework and enabled signature spoofing
I tried Uber and Microsoft Authenticator, both complained about Google Play Serves not being installed.

Did I install it wrongly or is it not ready for spoofing Google Play Services yet?

1 Like

Maybe install FakeStore from F-Droid?
(microG Store (FakeStore release))
After installing you have to reboot.
You can notice important information via microG Settings / SelfCheck.

2 Likes

Did you restart AD after enabling spoofing?

1 Like

What’s AD? (I restarted the phone)

Hi @Inte
I haven’t installed FakeStore, why would I need to? I installed Uber’s APK and the app started up

Ad is alien dalvik, the android supportlayer in sfos.

maybe the version of microg is different between the aurora store and f droid.
i think that is what jolla4… meant

same could count for whatever app you are using.

when someone has an issue with an app and another one not, version comparisson of all components is the first think to do.

does that answer your why ?

1 Like

You also need to open microg settings go to self check, anything with out check click on it so it asks for spoofing permission, grant that then it will also be seen as google services.
and has been mentioned you also need fake store elsebapps wont see the store app and fail.

1 Like

I got it to work!
what I didn’t do was install “FakeStore”, that makes it look like my phone has Google Play Services installed.
I installed it, I made sure every item in microG Settings was checked, and I was able to book an Uber using the app!

1 Like

I was initially unable to register my corporate account as it was complaining something about push notifications (not available). So I installed Services Framework Proxy to get over it. Initially I thought it would not be needed.

Ad is alien dalvik, the android supportlayer in sfos.

Alien Dalvik (formerly) is now called “AppSupport”.

Also maybe people really need sticky step-by-step instructions for installing MicroG? Or just follow DrYak’s instructions here (starting from “Enable Signature Spoofing”:

2 Likes

I just downloaded the microg packages from the site and enabled the repo in fdroid. It just worked…

What about using Aurora Store?

Aurora just works in anonymous mode. It may be necessary to change the installation method to session (or whatever it is called in English) for certain (e.g. banking) apps.