Community meeting on IRC 8th December 2022

Schedule: Thursday 2022-12-08T08:00:00Z   :world_map:   :date:

Topic proposals for the meeting:

• Add your name/nick using the template below to suggest a topic.
  • Indicate how much time you’ll need so we can time-box the meeting accordingly.
  • Please be as thorough as you can with your question/topic.
  • If you can’t make the meeting please ask and name a substitute.

It is expected that you show up and present your topic, or name a substitute and make sure they attend in your absence. These IRC meetings are for real time participation and live discussions, otherwise you can post the topic on here and get responses that way.

We need you to be present to clarify details in the topic, and to ensure the discussion is leading to the answers you are looking for! If you do not participate or your question/topic isn’t clear enough it will be postponed. Also: always ask for more time than you anticipate your topic needs!

Please have your topics ready at least 3 days before the meeting so we can prepare good answers. Topics announced afterwards will be postponed to the next meeting.

Template for topic proposal: (post your topic proposals as comments to this forum topic).

* Name/IRC nick:
* Topic:
* Some details about the topic:
* Approx. time needed:
* Substitute (optional):

Open Pull Requests:
If you have, or know of, a pull request that’s been open for at least 3 weeks, but which you think deserves attention, please add a comment using the template below and we’ll consider it during the next meeting.

* Name/IRC nick:
* Open PR URL:

2 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: nephros
  • Topic: Log collection continued (and Bugger! enhancements)
  • Some details about the topic:
    The last meeting raised the point of possibly enhancing the Bugger! tool to help in collecting logs. Specifically

<thilo[m]>: “If someone could contribute a poc to bugger, i think that would help”

The Bugger! development Team :wink: has listened and the latest beta introduces a PoC of a “plug-in” system based on systemd units. Rudimentaty documentation is available here and builds of the 0.10.x beta are available at the Chum Testing repo.
This meeting topic is more a FYI and a request for feedback from anyone interested, and an invitation to improve that topic at the Bugger development repo (GitHub - sailfishos-chum/bugger)

• Approx. time needed: 5-10 min?
  • Substitute (optional): really anyone, I myself am unlikely to be able to attend because of dayjob work, but I do read the Meeting logs and can follow up on anything raised there.
6 Likes
  • Name/IRC nick: nerd7473 (Matrix)
  • Topic: Xperia 10 iii Camera API progress.
  • Some details about the topic: I am curious what the timeline looks like for enabling the other cameras and the color filters within the camera app.
  • Approx. time needed: 5 minutes, maybe less.
  • Substitute (optional): Anyone, if I can’t make the meeting.

Untracked bug reports

ID Comments Additional Information
12833 Add tag pending
3276 Add tag pending
5247 Add tag tracked as it is already tracked
10194 Add tag fixed

Duplicates/To be closed

ID Duplicate/Close Reason
5359 Close Not a bug
8568 Close Not related to Sailfish OS

Feature request

ID
4 Likes

Here are some screenshots of Bugger!'s log collection page, in case it aids the discussion during the meeting.

Meeting ended Thu Dec 8 09:21:42 2022 UTC.
Minutes: #sailfishos-meeting: Sailfish OS, open source, collaboration -- 8th December 2022
Minutes (text): https://irclogs.sailfishos.org/meetings/sailfishos-meeting/2022/sailfishos-meeting.2022-12-08-08.01.txt
Log: #sailfishos-meeting log

This was the last meeting of 2022; thanks to everyone who asked questions and was able to join, we had some nice discussion as always.

2 Likes

One request please. Use the names of the bug reports in the urls and not the t/97898 urls? I used to mouse over each of those and now that delivers no info which means I have to open the urls if I want to see what’s what. I try to keep up! Thanks for all your efforts!

2 Likes

Thanks for the discussion, I’ll see what can be done about the points raised.

Reaching harbour compatability is probably not going to be possible without lots of trickery.

Log sanitation and viewing on the other hand should be possible, it’s just a little scripting. The hard part is to know what to remove.

An issue has been created to add a viewer function. Although depending on log size and verbosity, checking might be hard on the device.
One of the reasons log collection, uploading, and posting are separate steps is to allow users to look at the logs using the tools they like.

“Sanitation” is hard to do in a general way, as has been discussed. No one can know what kind of data might end up in e.g. the journal.

An issue has been created and work has started on an “send by email” function.

Although I think it would be ideal if Jolla could provide a service to deliver files (i.e. a pastebin-type thing, or something like a Nextcloud DAV file share. Ideally authenticated via the Jolla account.

Currently, no. As has been discussed, is uses a couple of non-harbour-compliant functions, and needs some permissions that makes it incompatible. Thaodan has now twice suggested
integrating the app or something similar to the app to the system. This would obviously solve this.

It uses the feature of creating a post through an URL which has all the contents. This URL is passed to the Browser, which does the actual posting. So not strictly “API use”.
This is mainly to avoid having to handle authentication and things in Bugger!.

3 Likes

i’d suggest to paste the /t/ urls and let discourse convert them into their respective titles.

like here: Community meeting on IRC 24th November 2022 - #2 by thigg

1 Like

Thank you for keeping this OS alive and well.

2 Likes

I cannot make it to the community meetings, unfortunately. Just wanted to ask if the VoWIFI topic has ever been on the agenda in on of the recent meetings yet?

I am not sure, but you can check the linked meeting logs.

We’ve talked about VoLTE, but if memory serves, not VoWIFI as a speciific question. Feel free to add a question about it @Inte if it’s of interest to you. It’s best if you can make the meeting of course, but not a requirement.

1 Like

Thanks I will do that!