Camera crashing when pressing shutter

REPRODUCIBILITY:
OS VERSION: 4.4.0.72
HARDWARE: xperia 10 ii
UI LANGUAGE: Swedish
REGRESSION:

DESCRIPTION:

when i take a picture the camera app crashes and no picture is taken. When i do this from the terminal it says: illegal instruction (core dumped)
i don’t know what i did on November 14th it worked. I played around with alsa and installed alsa-tools, don’t know if that could have destroyed something. I removed them since without luck. On aliendalvik the camera works without problem. Has anyone any idea? I don’t want to reflash :confused:

PRECONDITIONS:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE:

1. open camera app from home or lockscreen
  2. press shutter

EXPECTED RESULT:

no crash

ACTUAL RESULT:

MODIFICATIONS:

previously alsa-tools

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

1 Like

Mee too, as yet reported. Volla Phone.
(On X10 Camera works fine)

Okay i needed some time to find your post. Very strange, i thought i was the only one with this problem because of my tinkering and experimenting. Have you done something similar since your last picture like compiling or installing something?

1 Like

I did only a little tinkering and experiments and was ready with ‘tuning’ some design things, and everything did work fine edit: - for a few weeks. Then, from one day to the next, stock camera & Advanced cam had this bug.
App crashes and minimizes, no photo is saved. Have absolutely no idea why. There must be some bug somewhere, i think, that is independent from which cam app i use, because it appears on both cam apps in the same way and only on 64 bit Volla and not on 32bit X10.

edit: on the Volla there’s also Waydroid installed, and the camera app inside Waydroid works fine, only a little bit slow, but saves pictures and doesn’t crash.

I wanted to compile pavucontrol and pavucontrol-qt and installed and compiled some dependencies of them, maybe one of them broke something

I’ve installed install history now and there is only imagemagick and some games installed after the last successful picture November 14th. After uninstalling imagemagick it’s still crashing.